David S. Wilson, MD
Dr. Wilson is a board-certified Pulmonary and Critical Care Physician who champions efforts to address the compelling unmet clinical needs in Pulmonary Medicine. Being at the forefront of reinventing Interventional Pulmonary medicine has made Dr. Wilson an engaging speaker and instructor of these technologies. He has spearheaded the development of rapid assessment, demand management models that increase availability of advanced pulmonary diagnostic services with simultaneous development of robust business models that support these clinical changes.
Dr. Wilson’s involvement with new technologies includes bronchial thermoplasty, endobronchial valves for various post-surgical and bullous treatments, probe-based confocal laser endomicroscopy, various forms of thoracic ultrasound and novel biopsy techniques.
Additional treatment and commercialization efforts include novel ablative technologies, including endobronchial photodynamic therapy, microwave, spray cryogenics and local drug delivery. New genomics assays and molecular diagnostics for lung cancer are also areas of involvement and interest for Dr. Wilson. Dr. Wilson envisions the rapid growth of Interventional Pulmonary Medicine to address the considerable clinical needs of the field.
Dr. Wilson has held significant administrative positions and has worked with a number of commercial companies helping to bring new products to the market. Following is a list of recent and representative positions:
- Medical Director: The Lung Institute at Columbus Regional Health 2007 thru 2015
- Medical Director of Intensive Care and Respiratory Care Services, Columbus Regional Hospital 1993 to 2015
- President, Indiana Thoracic Society 1999-2000. Previous terms as Secretary-Treasurer 1994-96 and Vice-President 1996-1998.
- America College of Chest Physicians, Fellow
- J&J Lung Cancer Initiative, Consulting 2018 thru 2020
- Astra – Zeneca, Speaker 2004 thru 2009
- GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), Speaker 2000 thru 2015
- Boehringer Ingelheim, Speaker 2007 thru present
- Medtronic (Covidien – Super Dimension Navigation System), Consulting and Speaker 2005 thru present
- Boston Scientific, Consulting and Speaker 2010 thru 2015
- Veracyte, Research Consultant 2009 thru present
- Mauna Kea Industries, Speaker and Consultant 2008 thru present
- MD, Indiana University School of Medicine
- Residency, Methodist Hospital of Indiana